It is incredibly difficult to keep up with news about Coronavirus (COVID-19) – the infectious disease that currently has no vaccine and has taken the world at large by surprise. Nationwide curfews and lock-downs have become the order of the day.
Whilst the world has been battling to contain COVID-19, misleading news about it has also been spreading rapidly – especially on social media platforms, which does not help the situation. This is often exacerbated by the fact that it can also be difficult to find locally relevant information aggregated in a central place.
To this end, I have created Covid19Zim Aggregator – an online application that I hope can be a useful tool for accessing centralised, easy to understand, relevant and actionable information about COVID19 in Zimbabwe. This information includes statistics, emergency contact details and service provider details. The statistics are gathered from sources such as the Ministry of Health and Child Care (MoHCC) in Zimbabwe and the World Health Organisation (WHO). Covid19Zim Aggregator is mobile friendly – it is accessible, optimised and fully functional from a cellphone.
Features of Covid19Zim Aggregator include:
- Statistics about COVID-19 in Zimbabwe (as reported by MoHCC)
- Contact details for the hotlines setup by MoHCC. One can call the hotline by simply clicking on the contact number whilst viewing the Covid19Zim Aggregator on their cellphone
- Twitter link for MoHCC
- WhatsApp link for MoHCC. One can WhatsApp the MoHCC by simply clicking on the WhatsApp link whilst viewing the Covid19Zim Aggregator on their cellphone
- Health Tips
- Mobile Friendly (accessible from a cellphone)
Features coming soon:
- Service Providers and their contact details (e.g. hospitals)
You can access Covid19Zim Aggregator here – https://covid19zim.herokuapp.com
#FlattenTheCurve #StayHomeSaveLives #Covid19Zim #TellAZimbabwean
P.S. Want to be notified when there is a new post on my blog? Enter your email address and click Subscribe below.
- Covid19Zim Aggregator is an independent and unofficial web application.
- Comments section is at the end of the page.
- This project has officially been archived as of 18 Feb 2021.